- Full monthly backup server(s) is done to external hard drives. Rotation of 2 drives.
- Copy taken to CI for restoration to Network Attached Storage (NAS) device (repeated monthly)
- From then on, incremental backups are done to NAS device (at a set interval eg. every 2 hours)
- Incremental backups are replicated via FTP connection to CI Server storage
- Service and process monitored remotely weekly for disaster recovery plan
- Testing of restoration to virtual server—every monthIn the event of a single server failure (hardware issue, Windows corruption, third party software)
- The local NAS device containing the local backups can be used to restore the image of the server at a set point in time to a virtual server running on the remaining server.In the event of a total breakdown or disaster affecting one or both servers
- Remote backup at Computer Initiatives is used to restore the images of the servers to a repaired server, or to loan server that is restored as a virtual server.